Monday, November 17, 2008

Music and Twilight!

It has been awhile since I last made a post. I got some interesting cd's for my birthday. The first two I got were M.I.A cd's. I got her cd Arular from 2005, and Kala, from last year (which was 2007 if you are feeling strangely slow). Arular is a little more saucy and dirty than Kala. It has a parental advisory explicit content warning on the cover because she drops the f-bomb a couple of times in a few of her songs but the cd is good minus the profanity. Kala is also good too. Most people only know M.I.A for Paper Planes, which is also on the CD. My favorite songs on Arular would probably have to be Pull Up the People, Bucky Done Gun, Sunshowers, Amazon, 10 Dollar, Hombre, U.R.A.Q.T, and Galang. My favorite songs on Kala are Bird Flu, Boyz, Mango Pickle Down River feat. Wilcannia Mob, Paper Planes, and Come Around feat. Timbaland. The Wilcannia Mob is a group of Australian boys who have one single out called Down River. They are fro Wilcannia, Australia and they collaborated with M.I.A for her cd. When they recorded with Maya(M.I.A), they were all really young. Im not sure about the ages but now they are all about 16, 18, and 19. I think it was really cute to hear som little Australian boys trying to rap with their little accents and everything. Whoa, I totally got sidetracked!! I forgot about the other cd!! My friend Angela gave me Imogen Heap's cd, Speak For Yourself. That cd was AWESOME!! It is one of those cd's that you listen to when you are at home alone and it is raining and you just curl up with a good book ( I know, that story is always used when someone describes when and where they like to read, I hear it all the time!) Imogen uses a synthesizer and does her own backround sound effects. She plays the guitar and piano. She also is the most creative artist I know, from what she wears on her body and head, to what she uses and background sound effects. I am subscribed to her vlog on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/user/imogenheap?ob=1) and she gives you the background, behind the scenes info on her upcoming projects, and stuff like that. In one song (this has to do with the sound effect part), she has two xylophone sticks and is hitting the lights on the ceiling in her music room and recording it into the song! And in her song Closing In, which is on Speak For Yourself, she is hitting empty cd cases against the big cardboard rolls that carpets come on. She even remembered to say thank you to the carpet place she got the rolls from on the insert in the cd. My favorite sound effect by her was in an song for her new cd, she played a snippet for the web and she said that towards the beginning of the song, she turned on her gameboy color, and it fit perfectly in the song! Anyways this is so random and off subject but Twilight is coming out on Friday. Ugh, it is going to be so bad. If anyone who is reading this hasn't read the book yet, do yourself the favor and read the book first because you will ruin the book for yourself by looking at the ugly actors in the movie who don't even look like the mental images you get from reading the book. The only decent looking people in the cast are Cam Gigandet, who plays James, and Peter Facinelli, who plays Carlisle. Everyone else is ugly.

No comments: